Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Vertical obstacle clearance & MSA

Author
f
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 
I have some difficulties understanding how SD calculates a leg's MSA with respect to a particular vertical obstacle.
In this specific example I have set both terrain and obstacle clearance to 1000ft within 5 NM. There's a 2900ft antenna tower well within this range next to the leg BOLKI-OLIVI, but the MSA is calculated as only 3300ft -- fine for for the terrain, but missing some 600ft for obstacle clearance. Now, the strange thing is: if I insert an additional waypoint into the leg abeam of the antenna, it is taken into consideration -- see second screenshot. And that -- in my opinion -- does not make much sense as the actual flight path is still the same...

Any ideas what is happening here and what is behind these different results?

Thanks a lot,
Felix

Not ok:

Better:

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
You are quite correct; you've identified a bug in the current version of SkyDemon. Thank you for reporting it, it will be fixed in the next release.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search