Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon on Windows Laptop

Author
Markus Petri
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey guys,

I have an Acer spin 5 (tablet pc). For that i need GPS. So i bought a GPS USB receiver from Amazon. After the installation i installed the current drivers and set the Reciver to "COM5". If i want to connect now with SkyDemon he shows me an error message. Can anyone help me?

Screenshot 1: The included program shows that the GPS is received.

Screenshot 2: In the settings of Skydemon "GPS Navigation options" COM5 enabled.

Screenshot 3: If I now click on "Connect to RS232 GPS Hardware" under "Go Flying" this error message appears.

Massage from German to English: The specified port name does not start with COM / com or will not resolve to a valid serial port.

Unfortunately i do not know what to do to make this work. How did you do that work with your laptop?

Best regards, blue skies and happy landings,
Markus

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I do not know the answer to your question, but will state that our iOS and Android software is designed to be used for navigation. While the PC software contains a few basic navigation features, it is mainly designed for planning.
bkj5
b
Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)
If you can see the GPS-Signal allready on a COM-Port, you may want to install the Sotware "Franson GPS-Gate". This installs a virtuell Null-Modem where you can define your present COM-Port as input and another one as output. Skydemon then can connect to this new COM-Port. At least it worked for me that way.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search