Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Unable to get load Cloud data on to any android device

Author
SeanKx
Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I had cause to reboot my Nexus 9 and having reloaded Skydemon have been unable to load any custom data from the cloud. It is all there on my pc, I can alter the cloud data and add new stuff and the pc updates. However none of the waypoints will load to any of my android devices ranging from old Nexus 7 to new Samsung A70 phone. I don't have any Apple devies to try.

Thoughts anyone?

Sean Kx
Samsung SM-T713, Lineage Operating System
Android 10
Skydemon latest version always

DaveWhite
DaveWhite
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Double check that "Internet Usage" hasn't been somehow set to "Offline Mode".

(Cog Wheel icon (Setup - Internet Usage) - you won't get weather or NOTAMs etc either if it has)

A couple of times that has happened to me with my phone (backup device) - I haven't yet worked out if it is me doing something inadvertently, or some other issue. 

It might be the reboot that does it, I guess, now you mention it.(Edit: I've just tested it: I don't think it is a reboot that causes it - on mine anyway.)

Edited 12/1/2019 10:48:41 PM by DaveWhite
SeanKx
SeanKx
Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3K reputation)
DaveWhite - 12/1/2019 10:43:39 PM

(Cog Wheel icon (Setup - Internet Usage) - you won't get weather or NOTAMs etc either if it has)

A couple of times that has happened to me with my phone (backup device) - I haven't yet worked out if it is me doing something inadvertently, or some other issue. 

It might be the reboot that does it, I guess, now you mention it.(Edit: I've just tested it: I don't think it is a reboot that causes it - on mine anyway.)

Everything is as it should be, with internet connection etc. Loaded SD specifically on the new phone to try it and still the same. Very odd

Sean Kx
Android 10

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
SeanKx - 12/2/2019 7:02:05 AM

Everything is as it should be, with internet connection etc. Loaded SD specifically on the new phone to try it and still the same. Very odd

This sounds like a problem best approached by calling the help desk.
They are very good.

SeanKx
SeanKx
grahamb - 12/2/2019 7:27:57 AM
SeanKx - 12/2/2019 7:02:05 AM

This sounds like a problem best approached by calling the help desk.
They are very good.

May have something to do with having my own airstrip adopted recently possibly

Sean Kx
Android 10

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
In your post you mention both custom data and waypoints. Those are two completely different things, each with their own mechanisms to save and load from the cloud. Are you sure you aren't confusing them?
SeanKx
SeanKx
Tim Dawson - 12/2/2019 10:33:24 AM
In your post you mention both custom data and waypoints. Those are two completely different things, each with their own mechanisms to save and load from the cloud. Are you sure you aren't confusing them?

Yes Tim I was! Operator error. It is so long since I created the waypoints I thought everything came back via custom data. Into the corner with the pointy hat for me :-(

Sean Kx
Android 10

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
We are working on ways to make the whole process less confusing and with less potential for mistakes like this. Not to worry!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search