Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Button for NOW in departure time and date

Author
T
Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

If you load and old flightplan also you have the old departure time. In IOS you have to scroll to find the actual time and date. It will be easier is there an button for now ! ;-)
emporer
e
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Tom1969 - 11/13/2019 11:41:58 AM
Hello,If you load and old flightplan also you have the old departure time. In IOS you have to scroll to find the actual time and date. It will be easier is there an button for now ! ;-)

I had the same problem.
But if you just press ENTFERNEN/DELETE it will set the current date/time for departure.

Tom1969
T
Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)
emporer - 11/13/2019 2:36:52 PM
Tom1969 - 11/13/2019 11:41:58 AM
Hello,If you load and old flightplan also you have the old departure time. In IOS you have to scroll to find the actual time and date. It will be easier is there an button for now ! ;-)

I had the same problem.
But if you just press ENTFERNEN/DELETE it will set the current date/time for departure.

Ok .. thank you .... why i have not found this ....??. 

Please rename Button :-) .... 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
What would be your suggestion? Removing an explicitly set takeoff date/time makes SkyDemon revert to assuming you're about to leave, as it does by default.
emporer
e
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/14/2019 12:53:09 PM
What would be your suggestion? Removing an explicitly set takeoff date/time makes SkyDemon revert to assuming you're about to leave, as it does by default.
Tim, I have the feeling the IOS version behaves different.
When loading an older route the Notams and weather will be based on the old departure time (confusing and dangerous!!)
Only when pressing Delete in the departure time,  SD will pull and display the current Notams and Wether  for the actual date/time!!!
I got now used to it, but the buttom DELETE is not precise and as we see is confusing , 
better wording and less confusion would be DEP NOW (Departure now) instead of DELETE.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
emporer - 11/15/2019 12:06:50 AM
Tim Dawson - 11/14/2019 12:53:09 PM
Tim, I have the feeling the IOS version behaves different.
When loading an older route the Notams and weather will be based on the old departure time (confusing and dangerous!!)
Only when pressing Delete in the departure time,  SD will pull and display the current Notams and Wether  for the actual date/time!!!
I got now used to it, but the buttom DELETE is not precise and as we see is confusing , 
better wording and less confusion would be DEP NOW (Departure now) instead of DELETE.

It’s not confusing if you notice that the banner you press to get the Flight Details pop-up is coloured red if the date/time is in the past.

In English the word displayed is ‘Remove’ not ‘Delete’, which is logical to me. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search