Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Does iOS 13.2 affect functionality of SD?

Author
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I guess, many of us have upgraded their iphones and iPads to the latest iOS (which is 13.2 at the Moment?).

One negative effect is, that my iphone battery gets drained within a few hours even with SD (or others) not running.

But that is only ONE backdraw.

This morning, I found an article https://www.heise.de/mac-and-i/meldung/iOS-13-2-Radikales-Speichermanagement-macht-Multitasking-fast-unmoeglich-4574286.html (sorry it's in german) explaining, that the latest iOS stops applications running in Background in a radical manner, so the application Needs to be restarted and therefore loses Information. The Amazon app is named for having a Problem.

I did not try what happens to SD. on my last flight on sunday, i did not see any Problems, but I did not push it into Background to run another application.

Has someone seen a Problem?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
drnicolas - 11/5/2019 7:21:20 AM

I guess, many of us have upgraded their iphones and iPads to the latest iOS (which is 13.2 at the Moment?).

One negative effect is, that my iphone battery gets drained within a few hours even with SD (or others) not running.

But that is only ONE backdraw.

This morning, I found an article https://www.heise.de/mac-and-i/meldung/iOS-13-2-Radikales-Speichermanagement-macht-Multitasking-fast-unmoeglich-4574286.html (sorry it's in german) explaining, that the latest iOS stops applications running in Background in a radical manner, so the application Needs to be restarted and therefore loses Information. The Amazon app is named for having a Problem.

I did not try what happens to SD. on my last flight on sunday, i did not see any Problems, but I did not push it into Background to run another application.

Has someone seen a Problem?

I’ve not seen a problem on either of my iPad Pro’s. 

stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
drnicolas - 11/5/2019 7:21:20 AM

Suggest you do a full iCloud backup (or via a computer), and then restore your device because this is not normal. 

My iPad which I use every morning and every evening still only gets charged once a week at the most, and every evening when I plug my phone in to charge, it's still got at least 70% battery remaining.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search