Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Instrument approaches

Author
N
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,
I have been playing about on SD in simulate mode and trying to fly an instrument approach into various airports.
I have switched the instrument approach on but when I click on make approach, then make instrument approach for whatever runway it says "instrument approach chart not downloaded".(screenshot attached)
How do I download the relevant runway instrument approach chart so I can use this feature?

Many thanks in advance
Nev
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Nevp123 - 10/29/2019 10:06:21 PM
Hi all,I have been playing about on SD in simulate mode and trying to fly an instrument approach into various airports.I have switched the instrument approach on but when I click on make approach, then make instrument approach for whatever runway it says "instrument approach chart not downloaded".(screenshot attached)How do I download the relevant runway instrument approach chart so I can use this feature?Many thanks in advanceNev

You need to download the AIP entry for the individual airports in the route, or in bulk for the whole country, after you have switched on IFR features. 
Having said that, all it will do is overlay the selected plate on the chart. The magenta line will stop at the edge of the plate and in simulation mode the aircraft will not fly the approach for you, it will continue direct to the airport. 

Edited 10/30/2019 8:25:19 AM by grahamb
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You can turn on a feature in options whereby all plates for your planned airfields are downloaded automatically if you wish, or just ensure you have the plates you're likely to need before you set off by downloading and viewing them individually.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search