Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD won't go into navigation mode - 'Address already in use'

Author
r
Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Recently been getting this when I try to go into 'Go flying' - confirming I'm on the right wifi doesn't seem to help, nor does simply turning the wifi on and off or simple restarting D - turning off the ipad mini completely and then restarting SD solves the issue but it's a PITA when I have to swap between pilotaware and skydemon for route upload and GPS input. Any ideas? SD version 3.12.12 - Ipad mini (5th Gen) with iOS 12.4.1
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
The crucial piece of information is, what sort of device are you trying to connect to? It sounds like something is already listening for connections in the same place.
russellp
r
Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/23/2019 2:10:12 PM
The crucial piece of information is, what sort of device are you trying to connect to? It sounds like something is already listening for connections in the same place.

Sorry - I meant to type "when swapping between Pilot aware and Skyview (Dynon)". The issue happens after I go back out of navigation mode having uploaded my flight plan to the Dynon, then swap the ipad wifi over to Pilotaware from Skyview  then try to restart Skydemon Go Flying to Pilotaware .. it simply tells me "Address already in use" It's happening consistently and didn't happen prior to my Holiday in September, it has to either be related to a Skydemon update or an iOS update? there's nothing else changed. 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
That's strange, as those two devices use different addresses for communication. After a fresh restart of SkyDemon, what's the simplest way you can reproduce the problem? Can you eliminate the Skyview altogether?
russellp
r
Tim Dawson - 10/24/2019 12:19:13 PM
That's strange, as those two devices use different addresses for communication. After a fresh restart of SkyDemon, what's the simplest way you can reproduce the problem? Can you eliminate the Skyview altogether?

I'll investigate further when I'm next at the airfield, eliminating skyview altogether isn't an option as I need to upload my flightplan from SD to it for my autopilot before each flight. Thanks.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Sure, but it would be really useful if you could see whether eliminating it from the tests can still produce the erroneous behaviour.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search