Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Help with installation

Author
Y
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello all, 

I've just downloaded SkyDemon and launched the PC app, but continually get this message when I try and log in. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app three times. This is my personal laptop and I am logged in as an administrator. I've checked and this folder has full write access. 

Any help would be really appreciated. 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
As the error message says, something is stopping SkyDemon from writing to your disk, in a location we should definitely be able to write to. You may wish to check for an over-zealous antivirus software or similar.
George Reid
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/8/2019 2:27:56 PM
As the error message says, something is stopping SkyDemon from writing to your disk, in a location we should definitely be able to write to. You may wish to check for an over-zealous antivirus software or similar.

I experienced a similar issue using Windows 10.  The culprit turned out to be "Controlled Folder Access" in the Virus & Threat Protection Settings.

I turned off the option and was able to install SD without problem.

George E A Reid

Ipad Mini 5,  IOS 14.4,  SD 3.15.0.288
PC(Win 10, Version 19041.804)  SD 3.15.0.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search