Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Stratux - Flarm -> "FLARM Decoding Subscription" required?

Author
s
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all!

I purchased a Stratux box (currently image stratux-v1.5b2-eu010). In order to get FLARM traffic displayed and corresponding warnings, do I need to purchase this "FLARM Decoding Subscription"?

Thanks!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
That web page lists all the products for which it is compatible. That is just one product, currently, and not the one you have.
schoberh
s
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/1/2019 9:56:46 AM
That web page lists all the products for which it is compatible. That is just one product, currently, and not the one you have.

Thanks for answering, Tim!

There is a thread which seems to confirm that Skydemon is operable with Stratux/FLARM:

Anyway, I'm going to post my question to that thread.

Thanks again!

TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
schoberh - 10/2/2019 7:34:56 AM

There is a thread which seems to confirm that Skydemon is operable with Stratux/FLARM:

Thanks again!

It was the goal from the beginning of this Stratux Europe Project that FLARM would be working right away as it uses the OGN implementation. I can confirm that dozens if not more pilots particularly in Germany are successfully using Stratux Europe in combination with SkyDemon both with the GDL90 as well as with the FLARM NMEA protocol.

techie59
t
Too Much Forum (261 reputation)Too Much Forum (261 reputation)Too Much Forum (261 reputation)Too Much Forum (261 reputation)Too Much Forum (261 reputation)Too Much Forum (261 reputation)Too Much Forum (261 reputation)Too Much Forum (261 reputation)Too Much Forum (261 reputation)
TouchTheSky - 10/2/2019 11:59:39 AM

Thanks again!

It was the goal from the beginning of this Stratux Europe Project that FLARM would be working right away as it uses the OGN implementation. I can confirm that dozens if not more pilots particularly in Germany are successfully using Stratux Europe in combination with SkyDemon both with the GDL90 as well as with the FLARM NMEA protocol.

Quick question: do they use the 978 receiver and antenna or do they need a 868 receiver and corresponding antenna on their stratux?

TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
techie59 - 4/28/2020 1:29:51 PM

Thanks again!

Quick question: do they use the 978 receiver and antenna or do they need a 868 receiver and corresponding antenna on their stratux?

The 978 mode is deactivated to make the 978 SDR available for FLARM. You can either use the 978 antenna (which might work surprisingly well) or purchase a specific 868 MHz antenna. I can confirm that you can even plug in 3 SDRs and receive ADS-B, FLARM and UAT weather at the same time.

Johannes B.
J
Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)

Thanks again!

I am using this configuration as well, and it works flawless. 

YouTube channel
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search