Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon skipping waypoints in flight plan during navigation when wpt is used multiple times

SkyDemon skipping waypoints in flight plan during navigation when wpt...
Author
P
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

I enjoy flying with SkyDemon a lot and use it frequently for flight preparation and execution. Recently I discovered a not so beneficial behavior during navigation along a longer flight.
It was a cross country flight to a certain point but with no landing. Instead we returned on the same but reversed route to the starting point. Let's say our routing was Point A - Point B - Point C - Point D - Point C - Point B - Point A. During navigation when we reached Point B SkyDemon skipped all further Points and directed us back to Point A, even though we still had most of the planned flight ahead of us.
One could now suggest that we plan A - B - C - D and then, after reaching D, reverse the route for the return flight but then we would not have the correct timings and weight and balance before the actual flight.
Is there a way to force SkyDemon to follow all waypoints in the planned order?
In the Pilot Log it is possible to tap the correct next waypoint and select it for direct routing but in this case the log looses all information about previously flown legs.
I'm using the latest version on Android. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks & best regards,
Peter

PaulSS
P
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Seems very similar to this scenario:

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic29432.aspx
Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)
The only way to solve this issue is to have a forced route possibility. If ex. you have a route a-b-c-d where waypoint c is 10 miles and 90dg left from leg a-b and waypoint d is 5 miles ahead of waypont b I beleive SD would skip waypoint c. No logic can calculate so you are flying a-b-c-d.

Best Martin

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
SkyDemon is actually designed to cope with this, and I just tested it and it seemed to work. I created user waypoints A, B, C and D in roughly a straight line with a route exactly as you described. Because they're on top of each other SkyDemon uses your track over the ground in flight to disambiguate during flight.

Perhaps you could share a picture of the route?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search