Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

GeoReferenced Plates

Author
A
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
So I thought I had this on before now and it work great putting up the Pooley plate for my field and others I land at when nearby.

However, yesterday I flew through the Edinburgh zone and as soon as went beyond East Fortune it put up a plate covering covering Edinburgh and beyond i.e. not just a field plate but the entire zone from East Fortune to fife and beyond.

This was less then useful as its very limited detail at this scale, certainly nothing useful and made navigating quite hard VFR in open cockpit as the usual features were replace by this large scale grey scale map.  I closed it but several times it would just pop back up and as I got closer to Edinburgh airport it was actually quite hard to close as it would now zoom in so the large X to close was way of the page. 

Is there anyway to stop plates like that coming up but still allowing useful plates like fields themselves to come up automatically? I am hoping its just a setting somewhere and they are not all lumped together like this.

Edited 9/19/2019 7:44:27 AM by AlanK
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
Either delete the plate from your device (simplest) or turn off the functionality that automatically brings up georeferenced plates.

The first, find the plate, swipe to the left on its entry in the list and hit Delete.
The second, is in navigation options.

AlanK
A
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/24/2019 10:10:41 AM
Either delete the plate from your device (simplest) or turn off the functionality that automatically brings up georeferenced plates.

The first, find the plate, swipe to the left on its entry in the list and hit Delete.
The second, is in navigation options.

As simple as that huh - Dont want to turn them all off but the visual approach chart was driving me nuts, deleted that now so hopefully can leave the automatic geoplates option on but not have this happen again.

Thanks!

Edited 9/24/2019 10:30:12 AM by AlanK
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search