Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon and PowerFlarm

Author
P
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Can anyone comment as to whether the combination of SkyDemon / PowerFlarm / Butterfly Connect works well?

From old posts it was my understanding that for various reasons SkyDemon tended to drop the connection.  Is this still the case, or has it been solved?

Paul

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
Expect frequent drops in that configuration, but usually users don‘t give a damn. The only thing happening is - you see a warning when opening the track log that there are gaps in the log of x seconds. Some make a big fuzz of it, but realistic the crappy quality does not matter. Btw, Stratux would be the same and there are some big discussions, but see above - quality is dinosaur technology.
Edited 8/6/2019 12:11:25 PM by MarkusM
PaulRuskin
P
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
MarkusM - 8/6/2019 12:10:27 PM
Expect frequent drops in that configuration, but usually users don‘t give a damn. The only thing happening is - you see a warning when opening the track log that there are gaps in the log of x seconds. Some make a big fuzz of it, but realistic the crappy quality does not matter. Btw, Stratux would be the same and there are some big discussions, but see above - quality is dinosaur technology.

But if you're using the PowerFlarm to provide positional data for SkyDemon what's the effect when you're flying?  Does it come back again automatically?  How long are the drops?

Paul

Paul Mahony
Paul Mahony
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
Hi Paul,

I've been using SD and PowerFlarm Core/Air Connect for 7 years now and it works well.  You might want to look at another thread I wrote on detailing a few issues that I've had now and again: "SD on iPad, PowerFLARM - Connection problems"

Here's another thing I've recently discovered: I'm not sure if it's just my set-up but if I have PowerFlarm Core talking to SD on my iPad and have noticed that if I have the Air Connect device also logged onto my iPhone (which is in my coat pocket) I seem to get issues. The answer was to go into settings on my iPhone and delete the SSID for the Air Connect device (I.e.: 'Forget This Network') so that it couldn't automatically connect.

It seems that the Air Connect device only seems to like 'talking' to one device at a time and giving it its whole hearted attention!!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search