Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Airport ICAO identifiers get converted to GPS coordinates when filing a flight plan

Airport ICAO identifiers get converted to GPS coordinates when filing...
Author
thomas_witt
Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When creating a simple route with ICAO identifiers, let‘s say EDAZ > EDDB > EDDT > EDAZ, the airport DCT‘s EDDB and EDDT in the flight plan get converted to the GPS coordinates (DCT 5222N01330E DCT 5234N01317E DCT) - why is that? I know that at least the German authorities prefer ICAO identifiers in flight plans and not GPS coordinates.

The same conversion takes place if you just edit the route afterwards. I have the impression that this is a new behaviour and didn‘t use to be that way?

I‘m using 3.12.7.187 on iOS/iPad.
Edited 7/17/2019 1:36:49 PM by thomas_witt
frederic
frederic
Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)
I confirm that Belgian authorities prefer also the ICAO codes. I change always the coordinates ine flightplans by the ICAO codes.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
It's always been SkyDemon behaviour because four-letter ICAO designators are not permitted in an ICAO flightplan route field.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search