Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Voice alerts

Author
J
Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I was flying into a busy GA field today, had voice alerts on. Fantastic for traffic, about 10 minutes earlier it was telling me about a converging helicopter, even telling me to look for a helicopter not plane etc. Then, when in the circuit at is was on overdrive, warning me about buildings (a few times when in a turn), then the gliding site next door (which I knew about) then the 20 minute timer I have set for a FREDA chimed in by chance, was quite distracting on a hot bumpy day.

Was wondering, am I missing a trick in terms of inhibiting the alerts? I’ve had a search and can’t immediately see anything that may help... happy to be corrected.

If not I wonder could we look at some logic, say inhibit below a certain height or similar. I think to the logic in commercial systems that inhibit low level system warnings in approach or take off mode.

Appreciate from an implementation perspective this needs to be either simple, on/off, or the logic could get complex (what’s a high priority alert? Some would like the alerts low level etc.)

Like I say I may be missing something including similar posts, or maybe it’s only me who finds this uncomfortable?

Joe

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
There are various bits of logic designed to help with this but nothing as simple as turning it all off below a certain height, as that isn't going to be simple in all situations.

You mentioned obstacle warnings. Those are designed to be inhibited when you're very close to your planned destination, but we can only do that if you've actually told SkyDemon about your planned destination. Did you have a route planned to the airfield at which you were entering the circuit to land?

Joe
J
Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)Too Much Forum (664 reputation)
Ah, fair point Tim... no I don’t think I did have the route planned, the line went to a nearby airport I had been to for some approach practice then I knew where I was going to get home so used SD with no active leg just for situational awareness and traffic. Thanks for the info. on that logic, useful.

I knew as I was typing that getting the flow and the logic to such things isn’t as easy as it is to say. Maybe something to keep in mind around the potential distraction issues when next rummaging in that area of the code?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Of course, and suggestions are always welcome.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search