Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Ipad 4 Mini

Author
t
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I can't seem to get a location with my ipad 4 mini, I'm wondering if I have bought the wrong model. I bought the non cellular version, should have I have bought the cellular version for it to work ?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Yes, you need either the cellular version for its inbuilt GPS, or you need to use an external GPS such as the Garmin GLO, Dual XGPS, or PilotAware (which will also pass traffic data to SD as well as location.
turkeysneck
t
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
grahamb - 6/21/2019 7:37:49 PM
Yes, you need either the cellular version for its inbuilt GPS, or you need to use an external GPS such as the Garmin GLO, Dual XGPS, or PilotAware (which will also pass traffic data to SD as well as location.

OK sorry for being thick, I have pilot aware but I still can't get a location. Am I doing something wrong.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
This is probably best solved by you revisiting the detailed set-up documentation for PilotAware, which includes how to set up SkyDemon, then asking again on the PilotAware forum if you continue to have a problem.
George Reid
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)
grahamb - 6/21/2019 8:42:24 PM
This is probably best solved by you revisiting the detailed set-up documentation for PilotAware, which includes how to set up SkyDemon, then asking again on the PilotAware forum if you continue to have a problem.

I suggest that you look at the Settings on your Ipad.  Check that you are connected to the PilotAware WiFi.

In SkyDemon, Open the Setup Menu, and go to the Third Party Devices settings. Ensure that SkyDemon is checked.

George E A Reid

Ipad Mini 5,  IOS 14.4,  SD 3.15.0.288
PC(Win 10, Version 19041.804)  SD 3.15.0.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search