Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

iOS issue with merging track logs

Author
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have two halves of a flight which have been recorded as two tracks, the break caused by my GPS source (PilotAware) suffering a power interruption. The interruption occurred close to overhead an airfield, but despite the termination of the first log and the commencement of the second occurring at several thousand feet altitude, I am unable to merge them as SD thinks I am starting the second as a ‘take off’.

Can this be fixed please, by taking account of altitude?

Edited 6/21/2019 7:02:17 PM by grahamb
Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)
Have had the same issue. With SD near an airfield when connection broken unable to mix.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
If the merging isn't being allowed because the second log appears to start from takeoff, that means the GPS speed at the beginning of the log is quite low, indicating you're still on the ground.
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Well actually, it’s my height above terrain the determines whether I’m on the ground or not! Helicopters can do 0 kts.

The second log fragment does indeed say 0 kts at 0.0 seconds, but I suggest that’s an artefact of the fact that I lost power and had to restart the PAW device.

Could you not use a different rule to allow a log to be merged, say height above terrain at that point rather than speed?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
We could indeed. We would need to revisit the specification for the feature and determine a cost/benefit analysis for making this change, including considering any potential adverse consequences it might have. As always, if enough people would find the resulting change useful we would of course devote these resources.
Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)
Fine Tim - give it a check and see if it could be done.

In fact - why not let the user mix logs as they want - in the end it is the users own choice🤔
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search