Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon connect to Dynon Skyview and PilotAware

Author
J
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

How can I link up so that SkyDemon (Ipad) is online with both Dynon Skyview and PilotAware at the same time?

As it is now, I have to either choose WIFI for Skyview or PilotAware. But I want both at the same time. How?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
It is not possible to connect a tablet to more than one wifi hotspot at a time. Therefore, I do not think what you're asking is possible or could ever be possible with the current offerings on the market.
PaulSS
P
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Hi Jarle,

You can't go from the tablet wifi to two devices at the same time but if you're looking to get traffic on your Skyview and SkyDemon at the same time it is possible. Basically, you need to buy a simple USB to RS232 converter, which is plugged into your PilotAware box and three of the leads (Tx, Rx and Gnd) are then connected to your Skyview. A couple of settings are made to the Skyview and the traffic will then show up on your map. The rest of the time your SkyDemon will be connected to PilotAware via wifi and will display traffic on your iPad.

Have a look here for a guide on how to connect to your Skyview:

Edited 6/7/2019 12:09:29 AM by PaulSS
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search