Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Dynon HDX

Author
MarkHA
Too Much Forum (223 reputation)Too Much Forum (223 reputation)Too Much Forum (223 reputation)Too Much Forum (223 reputation)Too Much Forum (223 reputation)Too Much Forum (223 reputation)Too Much Forum (223 reputation)Too Much Forum (223 reputation)Too Much Forum (223 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I have been told different stories regarding connecting my Dynon HDX in a new airplane to SD.  Some say that it won't connect and I'd have to move to Easy VFR which I don't want to do, on some websites I see that you can link Skydemon to Skyview (but these seem to be older Skyview systems).  What is the situation with HDX can I connect over Wifi, then upload a flight plan?  Can I transmit the GPS signal to my ipad? 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I'm afraid I have not heard of the HDX. SkyDemon does connect to the Skyview in the manner you describe, as far as I'm aware these are still current devices. You'd have to ask Dynon if the HDX supports the same connectivity at their Skyview does.
Raven22
R
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/23/2019 9:34:58 AM
I'm afraid I have not heard of the HDX. SkyDemon does connect to the Skyview in the manner you describe, as far as I'm aware these are still current devices. You'd have to ask Dynon if the HDX supports the same connectivity at their Skyview does.

There is no problem in using SD with Dynon Skyview HDX.  You can connect wirelessly as described on page 88 of the SD manual using the Dynon wifi network.  So you can load routes from your phone, i pad or other device and use the Dynon gps signal if you want to.
Edited 5/27/2019 11:37:20 AM by Raven22
Navtrack
N
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)
Refer to the preceeding message, could you tel me how can I download Flight Plan using the Skydemon application working on Android ? I don't see the share button on my device.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search