Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

VRP names missing on Aeroportolano chart

Author
Flying Tiger
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello SD!
I have been testing the Italian Aeroportolano chart style for a while, and I noticed that the names of some VRP:s associated with an airfield, are not shown on the map. However if I click on the "What's here?" menu the VRP names will show up there.
This problem is especially bad on the Finnish map, where I think all the VRP names are missing. Also many VRP names are missing at least on the Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Hungarian, French and Italian maps.
This is a problem only with the Aeroportolano chart, all others are showing the VRP names correctly.
Could you take a look at this, please.

Best regards, Kaj

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Are you saying that style of printed paper chart does actually show the names? Could it be that it doesn't, and therefore that the SkyDemon chart style is faithfully reproducing it?
Flying Tiger
Flying Tiger
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/14/2019 9:58:51 AM
Are you saying that style of printed paper chart does actually show the names? Could it be that it doesn't, and therefore that the SkyDemon chart style is faithfully reproducing it?
I don't know about the names on the printed paper chart. Like I wrote, all other chart styles show the names correctly. What I was trying to say was that only the Avioportolano chart style shows only some of the VRP names, or no VRP names at all. My question is, if it would be possible to correct this so that basic information, such as VRP names, would be shown regardless of chart style?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I will check the source charts. If the style we are trying to match omits the names of VRPs, then our style would be correct to also omit them.

In the meantime, I would suggest you use a different style if that one doesn't work for you.

Flying Tiger
Flying Tiger
OK. I am normally using the SkyDemon3 chart style. This was just something I noticed when I was testing the Aeroportolano chart style, and wanted to bring to your attention.
Attached is, as an example, a screenshot where you can see the names of VRP:s CLUB, BRIDGE, EAST HOLD and WEST HOLD but the names of all the other VRP:s are missing. That can be a little confusing if you are using this chart style for navigating!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Indeed; the Avioportolano chart style is intended for Italy. Hopefully we will get some clarification next week.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search