Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD with skyEcho 2 and Mode C or S transponder support

Author
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Firefoxstar,
SkyEcho 2 only receives ADS-B and, optionally, FLARM if you purchase the license from SkyDemon.
I can't receive Mode S only data.

Regards

Tony

firefoxstar
f
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
Tony N - 3/29/2022 7:03:07 AM
Firefoxstar,
SkyEcho 2 only receives ADS-B and, optionally, FLARM if you purchase the license from SkyDemon.
I can't receive Mode S only data.

Regards

Tony

Thank you, I know that its not available at the moment, but it seems that it was at least on the product roadmap - so my question is, whats the status here:

It is still presented as a feature on some product pages:
Non-ADS-B Transponder Proximity Detection
SkyEcho 2 enhances awareness with a beta feature which alerts you to nearby aircraft which have a Mode C or Mode S transponder, but no ADS-B output. Using the SSR and TCAS transponder replies, SkyEcho 2 and the supported EFB application can detect and alert you if one of these aircraft are nearby and within a dangerous altitude band.

For example here: https://pilotenshop.be/?product=uavionix-skyecho-ii-portable-ads-b-transceiver
This was my purchase decision, I have to say - and now you are telling me, there is no such feature?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You know that we have nothing to do with the manufacture of SkyEcho devices, right? It seems to me your question would be best put to uAvionix, who make the devices.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search