Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Quota of "The Cloud"

Author
Florian Meissner
Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone,

I'll post here since I don't know were to fit it better...

I wrote a little script to parse all Canadian airspace, navaid and airport data into custom data files for Skydemon since SD is not providing data for Canada. And it even works.

Now, here comes the BUT! When I try to upload the data to "The Cloud", it says, the file is to big.

From what I found out while testing, it doesn't seem to be "the file" but the total size of all files in my ~/SkyDemon/CustomData folder. In there I have a total of 4.2MB and when I reduce it to just under 2MB the upload succeeds.

In my ~/SkyDemon/Route folder I have slightly over 100KB of .flightplan files. So I assume that either the total storage space of the cloud is 2MB or mayby just the CustomData folder is allowed to 2MB.

Tim, am I right? Is there any particular reason, you have such limited cloud space or is it just that you just don't want to store thousands of GB for thousands of users?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Our cloud storage facility is for users to store their routes and logs in. We don't publish its limits but if you try to use it to store large amounts of something it wasn't designed for, such as Canadian chart data, you'll get this result.

We've been playing with a Canadian chart in-house, as it happens. If you make contact directly and ask for me, I can preview some of what we've been doing to you.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search