Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Skydemon intelligent voice alerts with Pilotaware

Author
DaveWhite
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
@Maverix, Tim did give a statement in the second post of this thread:

We have no current plans to annunciate bearingless targets in SkyDemon, sorry. If you want that functionality you'll have to use the annunciations from PAW itself.

Edited 3/14/2020 3:33:00 PM by DaveWhite
Maverix
M
Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)
@Tim
Could you please give an actual statement? 

Maverix
M
Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)Too Much Forum (229 reputation)
I also would prefer voice alerts for bearingless targets.

colled
c
Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)
Presumably when Pilotaware release their Multilateration feature later this month some/most of the bearingless targets will then have bearings and will be reported by SD?  In any case I also think bearingless targets need a voice warning ('Traffic Alert, Warning or Danger" depending on signal strength etc.). Most of the targets out there in a GA environment are bearingless and worth knowing about. I keep having to look at the screen for this traffic as SD does not tell me over the audio. Tim, I know you're not a fan of doing this but perhaps as an option that defaults to Off but allows us that would like it to turn it ON, that would be great!

marioair
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
That’s worrying!
Colin Bond
Colin Bond
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
marioair - 4/23/2019 6:19:40 PM
Colin Bond - 4/23/2019 2:53:02 PM
I am using both my SkyDemon and PilotAware Rosetta. Both brilliant, compatible and constantly improving – thank you.

Now that both give an audio output, I am plugging leads into the output from both, combining those leads into a dual cable, and plugging it into my Boise headset.

However, I am not sure this is the 'best practice'.  Any comment please?

Colin - don't you end up with traffic alerts coming from both SD and PaW (ie. duplicates?)

Not that I have noticed, surprisingly.
marioair
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
For anyone coming across this thread until Tim works his magic with my Feature request.......

my compromise solution has been to pipe the output from the PaW voice/audio into a passive mixer (belkin 5 way splitter) along with a bluetooth receiver which is paired to my Ipad, running skydemon. SD is set to show bearingless contacts but with traffic off.

The mixed feed then goes into the my garmin GNA audio panel on the self-muting audio line. Seems to work ok as the line levels are broadly well matched and dont appear to over-drive each other.
marioair
m
Colin Bond - 4/23/2019 2:53:02 PM
I am using both my SkyDemon and PilotAware Rosetta. Both brilliant, compatible and constantly improving – thank you.

Now that both give an audio output, I am plugging leads into the output from both, combining those leads into a dual cable, and plugging it into my Boise headset.

Colin - don't you end up with traffic alerts coming from both SD and PaW (ie. duplicates?)

Colin Bond
Colin Bond
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)

marioair
m
Another vote for this.

PaW allows you to reduce the number of alerts generated from bearingless contacts.

Having ability to see and hear these on SD would be fantastic. At the moment it's binary choice between SD audio or PaW audio. At the moment the best compromise is to have audio alerts (but no voice) on SD and voice on PaW. It seems a shame not make use of the fantastic voice alerts on SD. If it can accept and read out bearingless alerts as suggested above, leave it to the PaW user to dial down the sensitivity/frequency of alerts! 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search