Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Georeferenced vertical profile on IFR approach plate

Author
l
Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
About a year ago, I saw a screenshot of a beta version where a few approach plates were georeferenced in a way that on an IFR approach, there was a yellow bar following one's progress on the vertical profile box part of the approach plate (additionally to the aircraft symbol on the horizontal part).
Has this feature been retained and rolled out to non-beta users? I've never seen it on my own skydemon, but this might be because the non-UK locations where I got don't have the plates georeferenced in that way (and the few times I went to the UK, I forgot to switch to SkyDemon to see if it worked). In that case, I encourage any plan to georeference Continental Europe plates!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
We never took that prototype feature any further, I'm afraid. Perhaps we'll do it in the future. It's a lot of work, and the response was lukewarm.
lmamane
l
Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 3/7/2019 10:46:50 AM
We never took that prototype feature any further, I'm afraid. Perhaps we'll do it in the future. It's a lot of work, and the response was lukewarm.

Lukewarm response, really? I'm surprised. I thought it is an awesome feature when I learned about it, and so does my IFR instructor / safety pilot / friend. I mentioned that feature on  https://www.euroga.org/forums/hangar-talk/6600-foreflight-merged-thread/post/206016#206016 (see https://www.euroga.org/forums/hangar-talk/6600-foreflight-merged-thread/post/206172#206172)  so maybe more people will react. Let's see.

Edited 3/7/2019 11:01:08 AM by lmamane
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search