Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Declutter function and Airspace Infringement

Author
John Brady
Too Much Forum (723 reputation)Too Much Forum (723 reputation)Too Much Forum (723 reputation)Too Much Forum (723 reputation)Too Much Forum (723 reputation)Too Much Forum (723 reputation)Too Much Forum (723 reputation)Too Much Forum (723 reputation)Too Much Forum (723 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
One of our club aircraft had an airspace infringement whilst using Skydemon.  It appears that the automatic decutter function was on and a cruise level below that of the CAS set (probably unknowingly).  But the flight was actually cruising at a higher altitude in this area and the CTA in question was not depicted on the Skydemon chart.   

It appears that although there is automatic adjustment of the declutter level when raising the cruise level during pre-flight planning, changing the actual level flown does not do that.  Looking at this in simulator mode, when the flight vector would take the aircraft into CAS, it pops up with boundaries and a warning but once acknowledged, that goes away in its entirety and although the aircraft is still headed towards CAS, the boundary is no longer displayed.  In this case it was just after a turning point  and frequency change so there were other things going on.

My question is, have I got the system logic right here in that a decluttered level does not change if the aircraft actually flies above it and where an airspace warning is given, an acknowledgement removes the warning and the airspace depiction back to the planned declutter level?

Personally I always leave my declutter warnings set high as I often change my level once airborne.
John

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello John, no, your summary is not correct. The actual altitude at which you're flying ALWAYS overrides any decluttering settings, with a comfortable margin too. Quite simply, it is not possible for airspace at your current level (or near it) to be hidden.

Warnings are separate from what is displayed on the map, so you have at least two separate chances to be aware of upcoming airspace.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search