Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

New Ipad 256 + Samsung Galaxy 8+ phone OR go Tab

Author
D
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi All I am playing between my new iPad 256 Pro and My Samsung Galaxy 8S phone 
So far the IPad connected to my Phone was ...Not good   kept dropping out .... So I have purchased a Garmin GLO ( waiting ) for it to arrive.
So far I have down loaded the evaluation copy  My Medical in 2 weeks ,... Fingers crossed. (Revalidation)
IPad at home is fine and vey usable as a route plan tool Love it. 
As a GPS support it the plane is disappointing so far due to signal dropping out. My Tablet has not got GPS built inane no SIM card. I have 7 days to take it back and mod my choice. As a MacBook Air User I don't find the tablet so good and the format is not the same. 

Samsung Galaxy phone 8+ The format is not quite the same and if anything it is better than the iPad.
Is the Galaxy Tab better as a Unit.... ? 
Also before I buy I am a little confused with plates  in Sky Demon...Are all plates chargeble as an extra or does the Sky Demon's own come free ?
Anything else that is helpful ? Apart from using it.... 

thanks Digbydog

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
We would always recommend iPad over Android, for reliability and longevity.

Some VFR plate products we offer are created by private third-parties and are chargeable, you can see these in the Store part of our website. But most plates are provided as a standard part of your SkyDemon subscription. You can always telephone our support if you'd like instant answers to any similar question.

PaulSS
P
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
"We would always recommend iPad over Android". From the horse's mouth and it certainly seems to reflect the number of problems you see on the Forum reported by Android users versus Apple.

If you are NEVER going to use the sim card/internal GPS of the iPad and have already purchased the GLO then it seems pointless going for the sim card version. I have an iPad mini sim card version, just without the sim card and it works well. However, I also have a Bad Elf that I used to use with a non-sim card iPad and it worked fantastically. If you get an external GPS (the GLO) then you'll have no snags whatsoever with the iPad knowing where it is.

iPad and GLO you'll be golden :-)

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search