Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Jeppesen chart abo

Author
jazondag
Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 2/13/2019 10:48:17 AM
I believe in the vast majority of cases SkyDemon will be cheaper, even if one buys a couple of national visual approach chart products.

Mike, it isn't correct to list all those third-party products in SkyDemon as a comparison because they are not all visual approach chart products. Furthermore, the aerodromes covered by the products we resell will be a different set than the ones Jeppesen sell.

jazondag
jazondag
Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)
jazondag - 2/17/2019 7:06:28 PM
I believe in the vast majority of cases SkyDemon will be cheaper, even if one buys a couple of national visual approach chart products.

Mike, it isn't correct to list all those third-party products in SkyDemon as a comparison because they are not all visual approach chart products. Furthermore, the aerodromes covered by the products we resell will be a different set than the ones Jeppesen sell.

TIm, it is all about what customers want, I personally would like jepp charts even if they are a few euros more, and I do not believe it is such a big deal for SD. give customer the option, it will strenghthen SD not weaken your position.

EHOW flyer
EHOW flyer
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
grahamb - 2/12/2019 4:47:10 PM
Tim Dawson - 2/12/2019 3:30:51 PM
You didn't say how much a Jeppesen subscription to all those countries costs?

A subscription to the VFR Mobile Flight Deck product for all of Europe is €349 for the first year and €297 for subsequent years. Individual countries range from €49/€42 (Slovakia) to €229/€195 (France or Germany).

You can add optional VFR packages to any FF subscription, the Jeppesen VFR plates (formally known as Bottlang) costs only €99/year, EU coverage! I do not whether these charts are also georeferenced.
So SD, yes please!

rgessner
r
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)

As a former Jeppesen VFR FliteDeck user, I can only endorse the request for full Jeppesen VFR approach chart support.

With the discontinuation of Jeppen VFR FliteDeck many users are looking for a new solution.

The big advantage of the old Jeppesen solution was the complete availability of VFR approach charts for the whole of Europe in a uniform look-and-feel of information. This is a huge advantage for people who fly cross-border in Europe. You don't have to adapt to many different designs of approach charts, you always know immediately where to find the information you are looking for.

And as already written here about the costs, the complete Europe version of the Jeppesen VFR charts costs €99,- for Foreflight.

With a similar offer for SD you could surely get many of the former Jeppensen VRF Flitedeck users excited about SD. Especially since Foreflight is much more expensive.

bkj5
b
Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 2/12/2019 10:36:39 AM
Can you give some examples where VFR approach information isn't easily available in SkyDemon but where Jeppesen provide it, and their associated cost?
For example Krems-Langenlois LOAG is misleading/wrong in Skydemon! If it is correct in Rogers-Data I don´t know as I still have a Jeppesen Paper-Subscription. When this will be discontinued I will for sure change to FF as I know the Paper-Rogers and this is not for me. I don´t expect the Electronic-Rogers to be any better!
I made my decision for Skydemon as I dislike Apple for various reasons but obviously in Aviation one gets forced to use an Ipad sooner or later. So once Jeppesen discontinues the Paper-Edition and Skydemon does not integrate Jeppesen charts until then I will have to change my setup - and obviously this step will have to be a complete one ...

Edited 11/22/2019 10:14:58 AM by bkj5
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Wow, this really is the thread that keeps on giving, isn't it? Let me set out the facts:

Some people want Jeppesen plates for various reasons
Jeppesen is in direct competition with SkyDemon
FF is owned by Boeing, the same company that owns Jeppesen, so of course they integrate the plates

I hope this makes it obvious why it is highly unlikely you will ever see Jeppesen plates available in SkyDemon. Since there are other products that integrate those plates, you're in luck! Simply use those other products if having the Jeppesen plates is important to your mission profile.

bkj5
b
Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)
Thank you Tim for clarification. I was not aware that Jeppesen looks at Skydemon as competitor. I really thought they would sell their service to everybody who pays for it! Stupid me ...

stipe
s
Too Much Forum (79 reputation)Too Much Forum (79 reputation)Too Much Forum (79 reputation)Too Much Forum (79 reputation)Too Much Forum (79 reputation)Too Much Forum (79 reputation)Too Much Forum (79 reputation)Too Much Forum (79 reputation)Too Much Forum (79 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/22/2019 11:22:05 AM
Wow, this really is the thread that keeps on giving, isn't it? Let me set out the facts:

Some people want Jeppesen plates for various reasons
Jeppesen is in direct competition with SkyDemon
FF is owned by Boeing, the same company that owns Jeppesen, so of course they integrate the plates

I hope this makes it obvious why it is highly unlikely you will ever see Jeppesen plates available in SkyDemon. Since there are other products that integrate those plates, you're in luck! Simply use those other products if having the Jeppesen plates is important to your mission profile.

Shouldn't be the reason, e.g. you can also run Microsoft applications on MacOS, Apple iPhone also integrates the Google Maps app, and so on.
The possible integration of Jeppesen charts into Skydemon is a reason to stay with Skydemon for some users.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search