Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Germany vertical boundaries information incomplete

Author
EHOW flyer
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ah, I see what you mean! I have set (in Windows) that features will hide above 11000.
And indeed, there is a discrepancy between the graphical info (stack) and the textual info (right column).

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
As far as I can tell, everything is behaving as designed here.
derWessi
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 12/6/2018 3:18:34 PM
As far as I can tell, everything is behaving as designed here.

I agree with your conclusion here.
But having said that, I still think that this design is more confusing than helpful. As you could see in this thread people tend to rely more on the graphical information shown on the left of the window and give them a much higher weight than the textual information on the right.
But the completeness of the information displayed in the graph on the left just depends on the window size which is more or less random and depend only on the number of text lines. I hope you can find a better solution here for future versions.

Regards,
Andreas

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
We're always open to suggestions. What we have right now, people are generally very happy with. It's a better presentation of What's Here than we've ever seen anywhere else.
EHOW flyer
EHOW flyer
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
Another try in this small area...
Hover with the mouse pointer around the OSN vor. On the east side even the always existing class E space is not shown, but when hitting the base of the wind turbine, then tahdaah the E airspace is shown in the stack (only the base), not in the text info. (and info about the turbine). When ticking the Melle airport, then both thebase and ceiling of the class E airspace is graphically shown, with even a small portion of a red area.
Go just west of the VOR inside the TMZ, then the base of the E airspace are shown in the stack, and only the TMZ in the text.

So it matters where you have your pointer what will be shown in either the text or the stack (hit a feature and the stack and or text info will change). This within the same vertical profile of airspaces. I discovered that this is not limited to Germany.
But maybe MY windows version has an odd behavior.Unsure
And yes, it's normally a good presentation of What's Here, but I cannot confirm "than we've ever seen anywhere else", because I do not look anywhere else...Tongue

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
It is by design that country-wide airspace isn't explicitly drawn on the map, and therefore show in the What's Here menu/tooltip. If we showed it, it would mean there was always an entry for it, which would mean less space for unique features. It's shown in the airspace stack, where that is shown, because all controlled airspace is shown in that stack.
derWessi
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 12/10/2018 11:15:59 AM
It's shown in the airspace stack, where that is shown, because all controlled airspace is shown in that stack.

All except those that are not shown, because the window is not large enough. 
But rather than just complaining and instead contribute something constructive, how about making the stack scrollable like this:

This could be a possible solution for the embedded devices (android / Ipad). Also you could reserve a minimum window size for the stack even if there are only a few text lines to show.
For windows one could think about having an extra vertical airspace stack window that is dockable and permanently shows the complete airspace stack for the current mouse position like this:

Regards,
Andreas

Edited 12/10/2018 2:05:44 PM by derWessi
EHOW flyer
EHOW flyer
And sometimes there is an empty stack where at least a class E airspace is present.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We could indeed make the stack scrollable on our mobile software where it's not being displayed as a tooltip.
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
And here is another suggestion for the same "What's here" window: if flying, why not indicate your present altitude by a horizontal line in the graphical depiction? Would add an important piece of information right where and when you need it.

-- Chris.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search