Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

French VFR transit routes

Author
kakugo
Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
the French AIP defines a large number of VFR transit routes in ENR 1.2-10 - 1.2-21, but only some of them are depicted in the map.
Just a couple of examples from the region I usually fly in: the itineraries for TMA CHAMBERY are depicted, but those for TMA LYON are not; the same for those in CTR ORANGE, whose VRP are not even in the database (the villages with the same names are there, but have slightly different coordinates, so technically they are not the VRP).
I didn't systematically check all routes, so I cannot quantify how widespread it is.
Assuming that the information about the routes is parsed from the AIP and not inserted by hand in the map, there should not be any reason for some routes to be missing. If indeed they added by hand, I think they should be added, because these routes exist since several years.
Thanks for looking into this!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
That data is licensed by us directly from SIA. I will post your question to them by email and we'll see what they say.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search