Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Issues with 3.10.5?

Author
cparsons
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Couple of things, when I use either of my Android tablets I get a message that the device 
is not recognised and have to log out and back in - not a huge problem but a bit irritating!

The scratchpad does not come up anymore when you swipe from right to left on the bottom panel of the display,
think this is since the 'Start engine' and 'Blocks off' button' were introduced? Still works from the menu but it was
more convenient and quicker to swipe the screen!

Finally a suggestion - when I save the manual to my tablet/PC etc the name is 'manual.pdf' - be helpful
if it was named with the date and/or version number? For instance 'manual-3.10.5' or manual-20181003'
or something?

Thanks

Chris

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
If your devices are getting logged out, it's because somebody is logging in on a third device.

Nothing has changed regarding access to the scratchpad on Android; it's still working as it always had.

Your suggestion has been noted, it would probably help if you explained why you think such naming is important, so others can weigh in on the topic too.

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Access to the scratchpad works fine for me. Just be sure to swipe from the very edge of the screen to at least past the half-way point.

With regard to renaming the manual, this is an easy matter to do yourself just before saving. In any case, the title page of the manual clearly states to which version of SD it applies. Each time the manual is updated, I just overwrite the new one when saving it.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

dave_kent
dave_kent
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
Maybe the manual could auto-download if it detects it's out of date?  You might want a message indicating this has happened to prompt you to go and read what's changed...
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search