Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Combining waypoint lists

Author
matthew_w100
Too Much Forum (62 reputation)Too Much Forum (62 reputation)Too Much Forum (62 reputation)Too Much Forum (62 reputation)Too Much Forum (62 reputation)Too Much Forum (62 reputation)Too Much Forum (62 reputation)Too Much Forum (62 reputation)Too Much Forum (62 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is it possible to combine lists of user waypoints loaded on different machines?  Saving to the cloud from a machine completely overwrites the list on the cloud, and loading from the cloud overwrites what's on the machine.  
plume_tray
plume_tray
Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)
Some of us on this forum have been asking for this for years. I’ve accidentally overwritten and lost waypoints in the past because of the current solution so I’m now very very careful when backing up etc.

A better and more consistent cloud solution is needed. At the moment, waypoints, aircraft and routes all use different methods of backup and retrieval.

This is in need of decent consistent redesign but with a lot of feature requests like these, SD believe it’s “their train set” and they’ll do whatever they want.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
matthew_w100, we'd certainly consider something like that but only if lots of people wanted that particular feature. I'm not aware of many requests for that kind of detailed waypoint management so it may not make the bar at the moment. The vast majority of people do not require complicated waypoint management so for the moment there are more pressing things for us to be working on.

plume_tray, you appear to be getting it. It's not classy to jump on other people's threads grinding your axe though, so please stop it.

emporer
e
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/7/2018 12:13:32 PM
matthew_w100, we'd certainly consider something like that but only if lots of people wanted that particular feature. I'm not aware of many requests for that kind of detailed waypoint management so it may not make the bar at the moment. The vast majority of people do not require complicated waypoint management so for the moment there are more pressing things for us to be working on.

plume_tray, you appear to be getting it. It's not classy to jump on other people's threads grinding your axe though, so please stop it.

I had the same problem many times, so please clean up the cloud backup mess, 
its not safe
not consistent
not obvious what might happen in the background

AND HELLO EVERYBODY ELSE !!!!!
PLEASE WRITE TO SD IN THE FORUM MORE FREQUENTLY AND COMPLAIN AND DON'T JUST READ ONLY,
OTHERWISE SOME ISSUES WILL NOT BE RESOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Well done, emporer. Your over-use of uppercase and punctuation, and under-use of words to explain what your problem actually is, has really helped.
chrisn
c
Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)
I think 'automatic syncing' would be convenient, or maybe a popup ("Send this to the cloud?", "load your waypoints from the cloud first?").
Not just for waypoints, but also for aircraft and settings. 

I've tried to train myself to "load waypoints; edit; save waypoints", so that the cloud always has the "best" setup, but I'm not very good at it yet. (OTOH, I don't add waypoints very often, and my existing ones don't actually change, apart from trying to get consistent in my choice of icons.)

An alternative could be that when I'm updating the charts once a month (but presumably it checks every startup?) it could ask that the cloud-settings (waypoints, airplanes, personal limits, etc.) have been updated, and if I want to override my local settings with them.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search