Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Bearingless Contact Audio Warning

Author
L
Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Should there be an audio warning when a bearingless contact is detected?
I know vocal annunciators still on the wish list, but I was under the impression that there should be the usual buzzer alert.

I had a contact with a Mode C target crossing in front (red ring) at the same altitude on Saturday so would have expected some kind of warning other than the visual one.

I hear beeps, whistles and buzzes for everything else (including positional contacts in threatening positions) so my ipad seems to be working ok.

I was hoping to not have to bother with the Pilotaware audio output, but if SD can't raise the alarm then I'll have to revisit it.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
No. We have no idea where a bearingless target is; it could be 20 miles away or right behind you. To sound an alert whenever a bearingless target is detected would be too frequent to be helpful.
Lerk
L
Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)
But you do categorise them as Green, Yellow and Red...
Pilotaware sees fit to announce it fully including the height difference, surely at least a simple single beep would not be too annoying yet prompt a quick look at the screen to see what it is?
Seems a strange decision given that your integration of ADS-B target filtering is so user customisable.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Actually the traffic source categorises them.

Given how many there are, and how we have no idea where they are or whether they're a threat, we think it would be unhelpful to show alerts for them. If your traffic source offers this functionality and you want it, you have a solution.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search