Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Engine log and pilot aware

Author
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I didn't know that PAW and SD worked like this.
I thought PAW used the WIFI connection only to send collision avoidance data to SD.
That does make the PAW installation a bit more critical than I had anticipated (I have limited power capabilities in my vintage aircraft).
Tony

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
It doesn't send collision avoidance data, it send traffic data, position data and sometimes weather data. SkyDemon does the collision avoidance calculations.
KenEfox
K
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Thanks for all the info on this subject, I now understand the issues much better. I'll investigate the voltage drop at PAW on cranking in my machine and take it from there. I can of course continue with manual recording using the hobbs.
For those who may have a concern with respect to PAW dropping during navigation, I think you could just press "Go Flying" again and select the internal GPS and your back running.
Skydemon and PAW are both brilliant products for the leisure pilot, small hiccups like engine logging are insignificant compared to the benefits these products bring us!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search