Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD freezed after take off (after updating to 3.10.3.130)

Author
Mike Stueber
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I updated my SkyDemon to 3.10.3.130.

All seemed to be ok, until I take off: the monitor freezed.

Only a complete shutdown of the iPad could solve the problem.

But the problem occures now after every take off.

I'm using iPad mini1 with iOs 9.3.5.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Could you try with the 3.10.4 version released yesterday? Are you using SkyDemon with a third-party traffic receiver at all?
Mike Stueber
Mike Stueber
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/20/2018 1:38:21 PM
Could you try with the 3.10.4 version released yesterday? Are you using SkyDemon with a third-party traffic receiver at all?

Hi Tim,

thanks for your reply.

No, I'm not using any third-party traffic receiver wich is connected to my iPad.

Rob Hart gave me the advise to use the "offline-mode" until the Problem will be fixed.

Best regards,

Mike

Mike Stueber
Mike Stueber
Tim Dawson - 9/20/2018 1:38:21 PM

Hi Tim,

I updated to the Version 3.10.4.132 but it will be take some days to fly again.

Mike

danko
d
Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)
Turn off you data connection prior to flight, I've had the same issue, and it seems that SD freezes on suddenly loosing internet connection. Switching off data seems to resolve that issue.
Edited 9/22/2018 8:46:49 PM by danko
greg
greg
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
I had the same issue last Thursday (September 20) with the latest SD (3.10.3) at that time. IOS 11.4.1, Garrecht TRX2000  as GPS source.
Restarting SD would not help, immediate freeze after loading the route, only restarting the ipad solved the issue. Not nice in flight but I carry a second ipad (SD 3.10.2, iOS 9.3.5) own GPS with the same route, this one did not stop.

André

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I believe that particular freezing issue was solved with the 3.10.4 release, which came soon after 3.10.3 when we discovered the problem. It most often exhibited when connecting to a third-party traffic receiver which advertises itself as a router/DNS server but did not actually perform that service.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search