Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Briefing Pack

Author
EHOW flyer
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I suggest some improvements on the Briefing Pack:

1. Chart
On some longer trips, the chart is hardly empty, no aeronautical features are displayed. In this example, the route is only 200NM.
Make it possible to show at least some (selectable) area's.

2. Events
I am not always interested in events, make it also selectable the same this is possible for the virtual radar.
Sometimes the events are creating many pages. When flying on the vertical boundary of an airspace, you get an event when entering the airspace above by a few feet and again an event when leaving this airspace and entering the airspace below with a few feet. 
Or better make the event types selectable.

3. Scratchpad
The scratchpad is very useful, but your notes are gone with closing the app. I like to have the option to add the scratchpad to the briefing pad.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I think you are referring to the debriefing pack, not the briefing pack.

Some interesting ideas there. Currently the debriefing pack specification is to produce just one big map, on one page, and you're correct to point out that the resulting scaling means that various features will be hidden. Not ideal. We would need to schedule significant development time to do multi-page map output like the briefing pack, though, so we will file this away under suggestions for the time being.

You make an interesting point about events. The feature is designed to show when you enter and leave airspace, and it would be a lot of effort to enhance it to somehow detect the situation when somebody is repeatedly busting airspace by a small amount by attempting to fly on the border, and ignore that situation. Out of curiosity, what did Hamburg have to say about the infringements in this case?

I like the idea of saving the scratchpad contents along with the flight log and will be interested to see others weigh in on this one.

derWessi
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/10/2018 12:02:59 PM
Out of curiosity, what did Hamburg have to say about the infringements in this case?

The question is: What airspace is relevant, if you are flying exactly on the vertical boundary of two conjunct airspace. According to the user "airborne" in this thread, EHOW flyer stayed in airspace E the whole time. However in my personal opinion I would avoid to fly such close to a penalty. ;-)

I like the idea of saving the scratchpad contents along with the flight log and will be interested to see others weigh in on this one.

I also like that idea. How about also adding the possibility  to add (a limited number of) pictures too. So one could also archive his paper written notes. 

Regards,
Andreas

Edited 9/10/2018 2:17:45 PM by derWessi
EHOW flyer
EHOW flyer
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)

Some interesting ideas there. Currently the debriefing pack specification is to produce just one big map, on one page, and you're correct to point out that the resulting scaling means that various features will be hidden. Not ideal. We would need to schedule significant development time to do multi-page map output like the briefing pack, though, so we will file this away under suggestions for the time being.

You make an interesting point about events. The feature is designed to show when you enter and leave airspace, and it would be a lot of effort to enhance it to somehow detect the situation when somebody is repeatedly busting airspace by a small amount by attempting to fly on the border, and ignore that situation. Out of curiosity, what did Hamburg have to say about the infringements in this case?

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the positive reaction, and 'yes', of course I meant the debriefing pack.(Can I edit the header?)

At least one map covering the entire route on one page is fine (with some more details) and according to some choices also some subcharts.
And busting an air space in SD is not only dependent on the flight skills: P, but also on QNH / QNE difference and accuracy of the GPS altimeter. It is not an easy task to let SD determine whether an airspace has been left or not. Only a selection in the type of events can prevent a list of events that is too loaded I guess.

For those who are worried: I was on an IFR flight.

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)

+1

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search