Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Air Connect v2 issue

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Well, we could offer to borrow your device in order to see what erroneous messages, I suppose.

I will reiterate though, that if the manufacturer knows the nature of the occasional erroneous messages and accepts their bug by documenting them, we could build in a specific tolerance to them in the specific parser for the specific message. That is my offer. We will not be tolerating corruption in general.

Peer
Peer
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/3/2018 11:28:05 AM
Well, we could offer to borrow your device in order to see what erroneous messages, I suppose.

I will reiterate though, that if the manufacturer knows the nature of the occasional erroneous messages and accepts their bug by documenting them, we could build in a specific tolerance to them in the specific parser for the specific message. That is my offer. We will not be tolerating corruption in general.

Hi Tim,
i think, that would be a good solution. All we want is, that SD does not stop working if there is a buggy data from time to time.
@Marc: could you borrow Tim a FLARM Portable with an Airconnect 2?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
My offer was to borrow your device. We need a device that we know is suffering from the bug.

All you want is, SkyDemon does not terminate the connection to your location provider when your location provider stops working and is known to be faulty.

Peer
Peer
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/3/2018 3:48:02 PM
My offer was to borrow your device. We need a device that we know is suffering from the bug.

All you want is, SkyDemon does not terminate the connection to your location provider when your location provider stops working and is known to be faulty.

OK, I will send it to you in november. At the moment i need it for flying.
Today i made a test: and connected two devices (tablet & phone)  at same time to the FLARM what is possible
with the new AirConnect. That worked fine fo some time. On both devices there appeared the error message...
BUT: not at the same time !?  Sometimes the phone shows the error somtime the tablet....
If the FLARM where sending wrong data, why didn't stop both devices at the same time?? Why does one device stop the navigation and the other has no problem with the data?   That seems not to be logical?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I would certainly expect both devices to stop at the same time, unless the corruption is occurring in the rs232-to-wifi bridge you're using, which seems unlikely as the checksums must be valid for SkyDemon to attempt to parse the data.
Peer
Peer
Tim Dawson - 10/4/2018 11:24:40 AM
I would certainly expect both devices to stop at the same time, unless the corruption is occurring in the rs232-to-wifi bridge you're using, which seems unlikely as the checksums must be valid for SkyDemon to attempt to parse the data.

Hi Tim,
as both devices getting the same data at the same time, the data could not be bad, unless at least one device continues to work.
What do you think? The issue has to be anywhere else!?
I've tested the whole night - interruptions occoured between 45 mins to 120 mins, but NEVER on both devices at the same time (at least 20 minutes difference. At weekend i will test it with the iPad of my friend. Just check if it is nur just an Android issue.

Peer
Peer
Hi Tim,
as mentioned, today i've  tested SD on Android Tab an Ipad at the same device, same time (both got the same data from FLARM+Airconnect) The Andriod stopt working 2 times in 1 hour couse of allegetly wrong data while the Ipad continues working without any issues.

Now i'm sure, that the data from the FARM are flawlesly. It seems to be a bug in android coding. 
Please consider that information!

Regards
Peer

@ Marc: What do you think?

Edited 10/6/2018 10:42:17 PM by Peer
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Well, bear in mind that we have not managed to see any invalid data from the TRX device we are currently testing.
Peer
Peer
Tim Dawson - 10/8/2018 11:30:07 AM
Well, bear in mind that we have not managed to see any invalid data from the TRX device we are currently testing.

Did you test it on Android or iOS?

Maybe...I don't know the difference between TRX and original FLARM. Maybe differences in data protocol? Don't know.
I just know, that there are issues with Andoid devices (i have tested 4 defferent ones) and no issues with iOS.
You mentioned, that SD does not accept any errors from GPS devices, so the FLARM has to be ok. Why else should
the FLARM on iOS working flawlessly? (Tested  24h)

Pleas help and let me love SD again. It is one of the best navigation apps i know.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search