Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Wrong frequencies for Slovakia

Author
r
Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Skydemon has incorrect frequencies for many airports in Slovakia (LZBB FIR). For example, LZTN in SkyDemon says 123.605, while correct (in accordance with up to date AIP) is 123.600. There was a plan to update all frequencies in LZBB FIR to 8.33kHz in April 2018, but they kind of messed it, so individual airports are being updated through 2018, and there are still quite many airfields where old 25kHz frequency is still official. Due to this, I cannot rely at all on SD when it comes to frequencies.

Ideally, SD should always respect what is listed in AIP, while right now it seems, things are set according to AIC that was published earlier this year (which is however not legally binding document).

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
It is likely we will be doing whatever the Slovakian authorities have advised. The upgrade to 8.33kHz is a mess across Europe and the best method to have the "correct" frequencies varies from country to country. It is NOT always the case that respecting what is listed in the AIP is the most helpful course of action for our customers. I can ask my colleague to revisit with the authorities if it has turned out that their 8.33 rollout plan has not been adhered to.
rusho
r
Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/29/2018 10:37:39 AM
It is likely we will be doing whatever the Slovakian authorities have advised. The upgrade to 8.33kHz is a mess across Europe and the best method to have the "correct" frequencies varies from country to country. It is NOT always the case that respecting what is listed in the AIP is the most helpful course of action for our customers. I can ask my colleague to revisit with the authorities if it has turned out that their 8.33 rollout plan has not been adhered to.

With all due respect I disagree, if I understand correctly ICAO/EASA regulations, for all airfields listed in AIP, any change in frequency must be updated in the AIP, and such change comes into the effect only when appropriate AIRAC AMDT comes into effect. Current statement of Slovak authorities is published at https://aim.lps.sk/web/ (directly at the main page) which pretty much says that change to 8.33 will be done in accordance with the regulations, thus via updates to AIP:
Attention to all airspace users. Aeronautical information services has published an Aeronautical Circular A 5/17 announcing the plan of the transition to new frequency channel raster, particularly from 25 kHz spacing to 8,33 kHz spacing. As AIC has information character only the operational change of the spacing will be, in accordance with ICAO Annex 15, published as AIRAC AMDT to the AIP SR. The responsibility to initiate such a change is purely with aerodrome operators and is subject of NSA approval. For more information please contact Mr Miron Mišanič, the National Coordinator (tel.:00421 2 48 777 546).

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
You can disagree as much as you like, but many countries have issued SUPs, spreadsheets or even text documents giving the "actual" position of frequencies which can differ from that promulgated in the various AIPs.

My colleague has reached out to the Slovakian authorities in an attempt to ascertain the current position there.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search