Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Problems with power flarm portable

Author
wrecker
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi
I am having problems with getting my power FLARM portable to connect through a "butterfly connect" to Skydemon ver 3.10.2 running on an I pad mini. It functioned perfectly for a year and has now stopped
The Ipad can see the output from the FLARM via the Butterfly device if I am not running SD ie it picks up GPS data.but SD cannot pick up either GPS or traffic data.
SD and the ipad function fine when using my backup GPS source.
Anyone any ideas?
Thanks

TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
wrecker - 8/10/2018 10:12:45 AM
Hi
I am having problems with getting my power FLARM portable to connect through a "butterfly connect" to Skydemon ver 3.10.2 running on an I pad mini. It functioned perfectly for a year and has now stopped
The Ipad can see the output from the FLARM via the Butterfly device if I am not running SD ie it picks up GPS data.but SD cannot pick up either GPS or traffic data.
Anyone any ideas?
Thanks

Through which App are you able to see output from the FLARM and which protocol is selected?
My quick guess is that you may have changed "Third Party Device" to something else than FLARM or the PIN has changed.

wrecker
wrecker
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
TouchTheSky - 8/10/2018 2:55:11 PM
Hi
Anyone any ideas?
Thanks

Through which App are you able to see output from the FLARM and which protocol is selected?
My quick guess is that you may have changed "Third Party Device" to something else than FLARM or the PIN has changed.

Hi
The App is GPS Data and i was not aware of changing the PIN from the default
But i will check when next i go to the a/c

wrecker
wrecker
wrecker - 8/10/2018 7:08:53 PM
TouchTheSky - 8/10/2018 2:55:11 PM
Hi
Anyone any ideas?
Thanks

Hi
The App is GPS Data and i was not aware of changing the PIN from the default
But i will check when next i go to the a/c

Well I think I have solved the problem I recently reset my password for my SD account and when i changed it to the new one on the Ipad for some reason it reset everything back to the default settings. It is worth noting that i have not changed my user name.
I wonder if Tim would care to comment if this is usual?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
When you log in, SkyDemon loads your settings from your cloud storage, if you have previously saved settings there. Perhaps that is what happened.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search