Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

VFR Charts for small airfields in Finland

Author
psuter
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Skydemon team
I recently flew through finland and laded at various small airfields. i found many neat fields on skydemon but only the large state-operated ones had VFR approach charts available. however i found a nice webpage at https://lentopaikat.fi/en where approach charts and information about most of these small airfields are published. maybe someone from finland can elaborate on this page being any sort of an official source of information Smile .. anyhow, they seem to have up to date information regarding events and stuff seemingly published by the airfield operators themselves.

would it be possible for you to talk to the lentopaikat guys and ask them for permission to source their data and add it to skydemon? especially the pdf approach charts could be integrated like any other charts in skydemon simply as pdf, geo referencing is unimportant as they are small airfields anyway.
also the other information published on the page seems to be what skydemon is now starting to offer to field operators to publish more information regarding events and such.. for finland you could fetch this information from that page.
if the authors won't allow you to copy or integrate their stuff free of charge, maybe a small subscription fee like for avioportolano etc. would help ease their minds Smile .. and if non of all that helps, i suggest you add a direct link to the airfield page in skydemon Smile

cheers
Pascal

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I will ask my colleague to make contact with this website and see what they do, and what they might like to do.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search