Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

[Skydemon + Android + FLARM] Flight log erroneous data

Author
O
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,
I‌ have a problem with my Skydemon set-up (Huawei M2, Android, FLARM).
While it works perfectly in-flight, I do encounter problems with the flight logs.
Skydemon logs correctly most of the time, but throws in points that seem to be lacking a latitudinal reference. Therefore my logs look like I have flown around the globe on a straight line.

(Should it not be allowed to put in an image link please remove it, sorry!)

I‌f I've understood correctly there is no way to edit logs after they were recorded. Is there any way to at least find what the problem is, to be able to stop it from happening in the future?

Thanks in advance!

O‌pinel‌
Edited 6/24/2018 1:19:50 PM by Opinel
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The problem is that your GPS device is occasionally reporting that you are at those coordinates. We do not attempt to filter such coordinates in SkyDemon, and so therefore the result is that your map will briefly flip to those coordinates (you may not notice this, if it's only brief) and they'll be entered in your log too. The solution is really to get a GPS that doesn't output non-sensical data.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search