Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Further improvements

Author
k
Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi SkyDemon team,

some‌ questions by me:

1. Is‌ it planned to integrate a checklist function in a further release (optimally customizable for each aircraft)? At the moment I use the checklist document as PDF in „user documents“. Is it possible to integrate a function to check/uncheck/ticking every point on a checklist?

2. At the moment it is not possible to use the „Aerial Photography“ in flight mode, correct? In GoogleMaps exists a function to store a map locally. So if it was possible to store this map on the iPad, in this case it would be also possible to use this function in flight. Is it possible to integrate such behaviour/function?

3. Do you have a video where I can see the behaviour with the DFS Aerodrome and Approach charts? Does SkyDemon automatically switch from Aerodrome Chart to Approach chart when I take off and opposite if I land with my aircraft? Is the aircraft displayed on top of the Aerodrome Charts and Approach Charts?

4. Is it planned to integrate RAAS messages ("Approaching Runway xx", "Entered Runway xx, xxx m remaining", "Too high", "Approaching xx left" etc)?

Best regards,
Kendy
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
1. No plans for a checklist function at present
2‌. I do not believe there is any API available to us for making the google or apple maps available offline
3‌. We do not have a video, but the behaviour is as you describe, and with the aircraft on top of the plate
4‌. We have no such plans; this is not something we are regularly asked for.
knaumann
k
Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)
Hi Tim,

thank you for your answer‌!

1. + 4.: Maybe there are even more supporters who would like to have such a checklist function or RAAS messages.

2. I think you are right:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16525822/offline-mode-for-android-app-using-google-maps-api‌‌

But probably it is possible to cache these maps (optimally a whole country). In the GoogleMaps-App itself it is possible to store these offline maps:
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-way-to-download-Google-maps-for-offline-use

3. Thank you, I will order the DFS maps later.

Frans
Frans
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
To have checklists of aircraft types (which can be modified by user) within SkyDemon is something I would also support for the future! That would make the tablet the all-in-one tool for every phase of the flight and I never have to switch between iPad and checklist. However to be honest, its only a "nice to have" feature.
‌‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search