Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flightpath vector extension possible?

Author
A
Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I‌'m using SD V 3.9.5.18619 Android.
I‌s it possible to extend the line of the flightpath vector on the map or virtual radar to times ahead of 30 and 60 minutes?
I need this feature (optional) for position reports - request by ATC in the middle of nowhere (open water).

K‌ind regards
S‌iegfried‌
Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)
Hi,
in the latest version, "what's here" shows distance, time and course to any point on the map.
G.

AFox
A
Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)Too Much Forum (134 reputation)
Gerhard66 - 6/8/2018 7:39:17 PM
Hi,in the latest version, "what's here" shows distance, time and course to any point on the map. G.

Ok, but that's not what I'm asking for.
I‌ need a position in 30 / 60 minutes from my present position at the actual SOG and COG.

S‌iegfried‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Not currently possible I'm afraid, but I'm sure another feature will do what you need. What are SOG and COG in this context?
AFox
A
Tim Dawson - 6/11/2018 9:09:02 AM
Not currently possible I'm afraid, but I'm sure another feature will do what you need. What are SOG and COG in this context?

SOG - Speed Over Ground
C‌OG - Course Over Ground

a‌nd what feature do you mean?‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Actually, I can't think of one, sorry. There is no feature which will directly give you your approximate position in 30 or 60 minutes that I can think of, although you could play with the map ruler to get an answer within a few seconds.
AFox
A
Tim Dawson - 6/12/2018 9:36:40 AM
Actually, I can't think of one, sorry. There is no feature which will directly give you your approximate position in 30 or 60 minutes that I can think of, although you could play with the map ruler to get an answer within a few seconds.

Thank you for the hint. On ground no problem, I'll try it in bumpy air...

B‌ut back to the question please: ‌"I‌s it possible to extend the line of the flightpath vector on the map or virtual radar to times ahead of 30 and 60 minutes?" Is it a great fact to add an additional feature??

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I'm not aware of this being a widespread customer request, so I'm afraid it's unlikely. Anyone else wanting this feature will presumably comment here, which would be helpful.
drnicolas
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
AFox - 6/12/2018 10:00:40 AM

B‌ut back to the question please: ‌"I‌s it possible to extend the line of the flightpath vector on the map or virtual radar to times ahead of 30 and 60 minutes?" Is it a great fact to add an additional feature??

GS and Track should be already displayed. What Kind of Position reports are expect? "Next Position Report in 60 minutes at <Position>" or "... at <radial>, <xx> nm from <WPT>"?

AFox
A
drnicolas - 6/13/2018 8:35:17 AM
AFox - 6/12/2018 10:00:40 AM

GS and Track should be already displayed. What Kind of Position reports are expect? "Next Position Report in 60 minutes at <Position>" or "... at <radial>, <xx> nm from <WPT>"?

Coordinates are expected, for example -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqueNkjPjEA
b‌ut without an autopilot in an small cockpit, max altitude 5.000ft, handling with large charts and ruler is a bit tricky 
s‌o a one-click-solution would be very helpful (f.e. a tap on the end of a 30/60-minute long flight path vector)

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search