Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Queen's birthday flight

Author
Terence Scotcher
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
SkyDemon is telling me I can't fly from Fowlmere to Clacton tomorrow afternoon, because my route falls within the effective radius of the Queen's birthday RAT. The AIC M 022/2018 has a chart that shows the RAT to be well north of my route so I think I'm OK. Has SkyDemon got it wrong, or is it a question of a different interpretation of the NOTAM?
Terence Scotcher
Terence Scotcher
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
SemperFi - 6/4/2018 10:48:54 PM
Skydemon is quite a bit sloppy in depicting NOTAMs, only processing the diameter data field of the publication. If you see a NOTAM circle in Skydemon, you always must read and post-process by brain activity!I would even say Skydemon does not 'show the NOTAM on the map', but only a reminder to check a certain NOTAM. If you want to see one of the worst incarnations, check the ill-shown German EDR150 and its discussion in the forum.

Thanks, that's a good thing to understand and bear in mind.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Some NOTAM contain complex geometry where it's not safe to automatically work out the separate polygons, so we do it manually. That's the case for the Queen's Birthday stuff, and that work has now been done - you should shortly (if not already) see the separate restricted areas depicted.

S‌emperFi, the German military night low flying system is a separate issue, one which has been debated to death on this forum. I am asking you to stop grinding that particular axe here please.‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search