Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

missing notam information

Author
f
Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
What has happened to the notam info on aerodromes?
I am certain in the past when you hovered over the airfield you got all the aerodrome Notams
‌The airfield notam comes up in the box tab on the right, but it means you have to plot a route 
So right now, if you hover over Luton or Southend you get an obstacle notam, but if you hover over Damyns Hall you get no Notams. But if you plot a route there, in the tab box you get airfield closed due to festival
Now I got caught out by this when plotting a route earlier in the year, but only hovered over the alternatives, as can't plot a route to all the alternatives! And one of my alternates was notamed closed!  (which didn't come up in route or hover, only in the tab box for a direct route destination, and yes was within the narrow route briefing)
Have I missed a setting that shows all aerodrome notams‌ when you hover?  (better still if you can filter)

‌Many thanks
Glen ‌‌ ‌‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I'm afraid you have remembered wrong. There are often dozens of AD NOTAM and we have never shown them on the map, or when hovering over an aerodrome. AD NOTAM are included only in your NOTAM briefing when you plan a route to or from that airfield, as is the custom. You must ALWAYS read your NOTAM brief (which is in the NOTAM tab) as there are loads of NOTAM which are not suitable for drawing on the map but which may impact your flight.
flyingad
f
Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/30/2018 9:18:44 AM
I'm afraid you have remembered wrong. There are often dozens of AD NOTAM and we have never shown them on the map, or when hovering over an aerodrome. AD NOTAM are included only in your NOTAM briefing when you plan a route to or from that airfield, as is the custom. You must ALWAYS read your NOTAM brief (which is in the NOTAM tab) as there are loads of NOTAM which are not suitable for drawing on the map but which may impact your flight.

Hi Tim

Thanks for your reply about the hover, but it also didn't include the Notam in the narrow route brief tab either
‌Obviously every aerodrome within the narrow route brief would be potential diversion aerodrome, and as you say without putting it as a destination, its not going to show up if there is a relevant aerodrome Notam, even in the Notam brief Tab without putting each overhead or enroute as a destination, which would muck up the flight planning fuel and timings.
I think that might be very helpful if it did on a future if you included this feature, as I am now going to have to plot a destination to every airfield en route‌, as if its closed, then another scenario is there will probably be no radio, therefore I might have to route round if I can't get an overhead or transit clearance.
‌It already seems to include some obstacle information when hovering, but not at all zoom in scales.
What does SD  (or others) think about including enroute Aerodrome Notams being available within the narrow route briefing or as a hover?
Its a real scenario as it's happened to me on a divert.‌
Best wishes
Glen‌‌‌‌‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
We include aerodrome NOTAM for your takeoff, destination and planned alternate.

I‌‌f you wish to view NOTAM for any other aerodrome, you can do so at any time from the Airfields tab. You don't need a route planned to look at the NOTAM for an aerodrome.
flyingad
f
Tim Dawson - 5/30/2018 12:53:12 PM

I‌‌f you wish to view NOTAM for any other aerodrome, you can do so at any time from the Airfields tab. You don't need a route planned to look at the NOTAM for an aerodrome.

Hi Tim thanks for your reply
But appears you can only set one alternate?  It comes up with a yellow dotted line.
‌When you set another the first disappears, along with the Notam and airfield information, so I would have to create a new set of pilots notes for each alternate rather than combined in one route.

Also the obstacle notams that come up when you hover over an airfield seems unreliable at different scales.
Just looked at Southend. When zoomed out, it comes up with none, midrange it varies between 2 or 3 and when zoomed in , it can be none, or up to 3.‌‌

I  have just tried as you suggested above with and without a route and put in 2 airfields (using Add in the airfield tab) Biggin and Southend, and no notams appeared‌, even though we know there are some, so still can't find an obvious way of displaying several airfield notams that are not departure, destination or 1 alternate.   
This is not a criticism, just a user from the coalface, where it could be easier or potentially better. Just trying not to be caught out.
Best wishes
Glen‌‌‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Thanks Glen, we will of course take your feedback on board.
Amir Parsian
Amir Parsian
Too Much Forum (69 reputation)Too Much Forum (69 reputation)Too Much Forum (69 reputation)Too Much Forum (69 reputation)Too Much Forum (69 reputation)Too Much Forum (69 reputation)Too Much Forum (69 reputation)Too Much Forum (69 reputation)Too Much Forum (69 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/30/2018 12:53:12 PM

If you wish to view NOTAM for any other aerodrome, you can do so at any time from the Airfields tab. You don't need a route planned to look at the NOTAM for an aerodrome.

Hi Tim,

Sorry to bring this old topic up again, I was wondering if there was a way that I could get the Notams for my region, I get "Automatic NOTAM data for the OIIX FIR is not supported". 

Amir.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We do not yet know whether we will be supporting that region, so I can't give you an answer at the moment, sorry.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search