Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Filtered Notams in briefing pack

Author
Ralf
Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is it possible or can you create an option to not show the filtered Notams to the briefing pack?
I‌ understand, that Skydemon has to show all Notams for every planned fly, even the many of Obstacle erected or something about Syrien.

It is not a big issue to wipe them out of scope, but unfortunately they are still in the briefing pack for print and ‌often you have one A4 paper full for only one relevant Notam.
S‌o from my point of view, it would be very helpful to have  an checkbox for chosing to create the briefing pack with all Notams or only the Notams not wiped out.

R‌alf‌
Ralf
Ralf
Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)
SemperFi - 5/28/2018 7:56:20 AM
I do not think that is wise and object. As the BriefingPack most likely is used as electronic document, as far as I see it used, the size does not really matter and nobody forces you to also print the pages, just leave them out of print.

Believe me, in Germany it is better to have the documents for the planned flight on paper to avoid endless discussion if you arrive on destination airfield and there they want to achieve their qoute for pilot paper check - is it allowed to have it not printed on paper, just on your tablet or smartphone, do you need two devices to have reduntancy and so on ;-)

I‌t´s easier to print and create paper waste...‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
It's for precisely that reason (somebody might stop and check you) that we have the full NOTAM briefing in the Briefing Pack. You wouldn't want somebody to accuse you of not having read the NOTAMs, surely?
Ralf
Ralf
Tim Dawson - 5/30/2018 9:16:38 AM
It's for precisely that reason (somebody might stop and check you) that we have the full NOTAM briefing in the Briefing Pack. You wouldn't want somebody to accuse you of not having read the NOTAMs, surely?

Please compare NOTAM list from Skydeom with list from DFS (official department for german NOTAMS) for the planned flight from Hamburg to Munich.
I‌n SD we have 72 and in DFS we have 19.

Attachments
NOTAMS_Skydemon.pdf (609 views, 121.00 KB)
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
If I were you, I would ask why DFS is not only hiding masses of aerodrome NOTAM from you, but is also hiding ALL enroute/warning NOTAM from you. What a dangerous document that is.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search