Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Resetting the map scale back to my default setting

Author
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I run SD on a Samsung Galaxy S8. The displayed map scale varies depending on the phase of flight (take-off, en-route or landing).
I‌ can also change the scale by "pinching" the map display.
I‌ notice that the map scale is displayed temporarily while "pinching", which is a good feature, although can be difficult to view due to my hand being in the way!
H‌owever the map "scale" display function seemed to stop working after changing scale a few times and I had to guess what was the 1:500,000 scale.

I‌s there any way to implement a single (or two) "touch"‌ of something on the screen to get the map scale back to my default setting?
T‌ony
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
tnowak - 5/11/2018 8:01:16 AM
I run SD on a Samsung Galaxy S8. The displayed map scale varies depending on the phase of flight (take-off, en-route or landing).
I‌ notice that the map scale is displayed temporarily while "pinching", which is a good feature, although can be difficult to view due to my hand being in the way!
H‌owever the map "scale" display function seemed to stop working after changing scale a few times and I had to guess what was the 1:500,000 scale.

I‌s there any way to implement a single (or two) "touch"‌ of something on the screen to get the map scale back to my default setting?
T‌ony

Zooming in or out occurs in pre-determined steps, even when pinching or spreading. To get back to your default zoom level, depending on whether or not you are zoomed in or out, just tap the "+" or "-" button one or more times, as required. The map scale is displayed next to the buttons, so you can see when you have achieved your default scale.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Sky Painter - 5/11/2018 11:50:13 AM

T‌ony

Zooming in or out occurs in pre-determined steps, even when pinching or spreading. To get back to your default zoom level, depending on whether or not you are zoomed in or out, just tap the "+" or "-" button one or more times, as required. The map scale is displayed next to the buttons, so you can see when you have achieved your default scale.

Mike,
P‌erhaps it is the size of the Samsung Galaxy S8 display (and I use mine in portrait display mode), but the map scale isn't displayed at all when tapping either the + or - buttons.
T‌ony

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
tnowak - 5/14/2018 7:48:33 AM
Sky Painter - 5/11/2018 11:50:13 AM

T‌ony

Mike,
P‌erhaps it is the size of the Samsung Galaxy S8 display (and I use mine in portrait display mode), but the map scale isn't displayed at all when tapping either the + or - buttons.
T‌ony

Hi Tony
A‌h! I see what you mean. The map scale doesn't display on my HTC One phone either, but it does on my tablet. As you say, probably not enough screen real estate!‌

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Press and hold on either the + or - to reset to your favourite scale, as defined in the planning options.
Tony N
Tony N
Tim Dawson - 5/15/2018 1:25:00 PM
Press and hold on either the + or - to reset to your favourite scale, as defined in the planning options.

Thanks Tim. Another feature I didn't know about!
T‌ony

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search