Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD card size?

Author
cparsons
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have just bought a tablet (Samsung Tab 2 8 inch) to fit to my aircraft to use SkyDemon in flight and I am wondering how big an SD card to go for? I know it's 'how long is a piece of string' but is 32Gb big enough to hold a reasonable amount of data/logs etc?

‌H‌ow fast a card? I guess I don't need 4K HDR ‌speeds for data? Or is is worth going for this anyway?

T‌hanks

C‌hris‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You'd struggle to fill even a 16gb card with SkyDemon.
dave_kent
dave_kent
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
cparsons - 5/3/2018 10:50:25 AM
I have just bought a tablet (Samsung Tab 2 8 inch) to fit to my aircraft to use SkyDemon in flight and I am wondering how big an SD card to go for? I know it's 'how long is a piece of string' but is 32Gb big enough to hold a reasonable amount of data/logs etc?

‌H‌ow fast a card? I guess I don't need 4K HDR ‌speeds for data? Or is is worth going for this anyway?

T‌hanks

C‌hris‌‌

I've got one of those and I run Skydemon on the built in memory rather than the external one.  It's fits easily and runs really fast without having to worry about whether the external card is fast enough (or has corrupted and therefore left you helpless in mid-air).

D‌ave‌

cparsons
cparsons
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
dparnell - 5/3/2018 12:02:02 PM
cparsons - 5/3/2018 10:50:25 AM

T‌hanks

C‌hris‌‌

I've got one of those and I run Skydemon on the built in memory rather than the external one.  It's fits easily and runs really fast without having to worry about whether the external card is fast enough (or has corrupted and therefore left you helpless in mid-air).

D‌ave‌

So I guess the message is don't bother with an external card, the 32Gb in the tablet is sufficient Smile

T‌hanks

‌C‌hris‌‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search