Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

FIS-B weather display

Author
T67M
Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Having tried a few flights with FIS-B weather reception enabled, I've come across a couple of issues which prevent it being an entirely satisfactory experience, one of which has been reported before, one issue I think is new, and one is a more general observation.

F‌irst, the weather overlay obscures the ground navigation features, and when weather is being received using FIS-B, there doesn't appear to be any way to turn this off, potentially causing a reduction in usefulness of SkyDemon as a navigation tool.

S‌econd, if you have flown near a FIS-B station and then move out of range‌‌‌, the entire map gains a pink-tinge which is indistinguishable from the colouring used to indicated ATZs and other surface-level controlled airspace. This is obviously highly undesirable.

F‌inally, the weather appears to only show rainfall. Whilst this is useful, I also want to know where cloud is at or near my current altitude. With the SERA rules requiring flights to be 1000' from cloud, having a display which shows the cloud level as well as rainfall location would be very useful.

Thanks as always for adding more features - and hopefully we can make them easier to use if we work together.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search