Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

VAC Text data Germany

Author
Alti-Dude
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all, I recently purchased a one-year subscription to the DFS German VFR AIP. It seems to include only the area and airport chart, but no text information (i.e. PPR, contact phone numbers, hours of operation, restrictions, recommendations, etc. I'm used to the French (free) and Swiss (paying) AIPs where text information is provided. Where can this information be found? Did I miss something? Thanks for your help.

Edited 4/16/2018 2:16:22 PM by Alti-Dude
derWessi
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)
Alti-Dude - 4/16/2018 2:16:22 PM
Hi all, I recently purchased a one-year subscription to the DFS German VFR AIP. It seems to include only the area and airport chart, but no text information (i.e. PPR, contact phone numbers, hours of operation, restrictions, recommendations, etc. I'm used to the French (free) and Swiss (paying) AIPs where text information is provided. Where can this information be found? Did I miss something? Thanks for your help.

You can find these informations under Airfields->My Flight Guides->DFS German VFR AIP->List of Aerodromes.
This is a pdf file that contains the text information for all  German airfields in one document. See image below.

@Tim: The same question was raised in the German forum "ulforum.de" few days ago. It seems that a lot of users do not expect the text info in the document browser but airfield specific section. Do you think it would be possible for future versions to arrange with DFS that they provide you the information in a different format so that you can incorporate the them in the airfield Admin Information section?

Regards,
Andreas‌‌‌

Alti-Dude
Alti-Dude
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
derWessi - 4/16/2018 3:59:31 PM
Alti-Dude - 4/16/2018 2:16:22 PM

You can find these informations under Airfields->My Flight Guides->DFS German VFR AIP->List of Aerodromes.
This is a pdf file that contains the text information for all  German airfields in one document. See image below.

@Tim: The same question was raised in the German forum "ulforum.de" few days ago. It seems that a lot of users do not expect the text info in the document browser but airfield specific section. Do you think it would be possible for future versions to arrange with DFS that they provide you the information in a different format so that you can incorporate the them in the airfield Admin Information section?

Regards,
Andreas‌‌‌

Thanks drWessi for your prompt and helpful reply!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I've tried, and they don't want to separate all that information out. However, certain parts of it may be available to us. What do pilots most frequently consult that document for? Phone numbers, opening hours?
derWessi
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/16/2018 4:42:10 PM
I've tried, and they don't want to separate all that information out. However, certain parts of it may be available to us. What do pilots most frequently consult that document for? Phone numbers, opening hours?

For me the most important information I would love to have available in admin info tab would be the opening hours (including PPR times and restricted times for noise abatement).
Also the allowed aircraft type and possible (PPR-) restrictions for the different aircraft types would be very nice to have.
I think the phone numbers are already available for most airfields in the admin information tab?
‌Did I miss anything important guys?

emporer
e
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
derWessi - 4/16/2018 7:10:57 PM

For me the most important information I would love to have available in admin info tab would be the opening hours (including PPR times and restricted times for noise abatement).
Also the allowed aircraft type and possible (PPR-) restrictions for the different aircraft types would be very nice to have.
I think the phone numbers are already available for most airfields in the admin information tab?

This is exactly what I was missing all the time !! Additional, if in general fuel is available and the type of fuel

emporer
e
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
emporer - 4/17/2018 1:04:49 PM
derWessi - 4/16/2018 7:10:57 PM

This is exactly what I was missing all the time !! Additional, if in general fuel is available and the type of fuel

Additional you could also include homepage-links of the airports, if available. That is not included in AIP, but handy to have all compiled in one place.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
We'll see what we can do.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search