Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

AGAIN: Improvement of the direct-to-workflow

Author
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
After having done some IFR-flights, I suggest a Change in the direct-to-Dialog to accelerate Input:
1. Put a textbox for typing the waypoint right on the topmost Corner of the direct-to-dialog
2. Force the Focus to be set into the TextBox when the Dialog box opens
3. leave the list of Airports/waypoints in the vicinity as it is now.

This will simply save a few taps until you are in the search box.
‌‌‌‌‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)
It would also hide most of the entries in the window, because the keyboard would immediately pop up and obscure them.
drnicolas
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/16/2018 4:44:31 PM
It would also hide most of the entries in the window, because the keyboard would immediately pop up and obscure them.

Good Point! I am not a iOS programmer, sorry.
In IFR workflow i get pretty often a direct-to which is far away from my current position. Usually it shortcuts several waypoints of my flight-plan and typically is the IAF. Sometimes it is one of the GPS-overlay points in the "DF511"-style‌. That's why I am asking for.
Maybe it is worth a try to see how much of the columns below  hide behind the keyboard. The column heads and first rows may be still visible.
Leaving out item No. 2 should avoid hiding some of the coliumns as the Keyboard does not Pop up and even accelarate the workflow.‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)
I'm definitely open to improving the Direct To window. It currently provides at least two functions, maybe three. We'll think about it and input is always valued.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search