Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Enroute-Time instead of distance in "What´s here" or "TRACK WAYPOINT"

Enroute-Time instead of distance in "What´s here" or "TRACK WAYPOINT"
Author
R
Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
ckurz7000 - 4/24/2018 10:20:37 AM
Doesn't the ruler do this?-- Chris.

Hi Chris,

yes, the ruler is able to give you that information. But I tried above the alps in some kind of bumpy conditions on that flight - very difficult to handle the ruler quickly and readout the info. It would be much easier and quicker to get the info from "What´s here"‌‌.
In my opinion the ruler is a very fine tool for planning‌.

Renzo

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Renzo - 4/25/2018 10:02:36 AM
Tim Dawson - 4/16/2018 4:32:09 PM
If ATC are asking for your ETA at a waypoint further in your route, the PLOG gives this with one touch to access it.

F‌or ETA at any other waypoint, yes, we could potentially do better here. The only trouble is if you're expecting SkyDemon to take your route into account, e.g. should we look around corners as we do in the PLOG? Or should we assume the ETA you're asking for is if you flew directly to that point? We'd have to take the wind into account at your current altitude of course.‌

Hi Tim,

that´s completely right but the thing I (or better ATC asks for) is an ETE to any particular waypoint independent to your planned route in SD.

In the picture you see the red X (our position while havin contact to ATC) and the green X (the waypoint ATC asked for) and you see our planned route (circumnavigating Ronchi CTR, with several waypoints) and our actually flown track through the CTR which was coordinated by ATC.
In my "wonderworld of wishes", when I will be asked at the "red X pos" by ATC "...how long do you need to proceed to Ronchi (airport)?" I would like to tap onto RON-airport to get the "what´s here"-screen and see the ETE instead or maybe together with the distance to that waypoint.

Italian ATC (maybe others too?) loves it to ask for that often on VFR-Flights.

Tnx for your time, Tim!
Renzo

Hi Renzo
I‌ apologise if I'm stating the obvious, but couldn't you use the ruler function? Assuming that you've already invoked What's Here and tapped on RON, on Android, all you have to do is tap on Measure from here then tap on the aircraft symbol and you will be provided with ETE, Distance and ‌Bearing To/From. It's even easier on iPad – just touch both points simultaneously!

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Renzo
R
Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)
Sky Painter - 4/25/2018 10:22:18 AM
Renzo - 4/25/2018 10:02:36 AM
Tim Dawson - 4/16/2018 4:32:09 PM
If ATC are asking for your ETA at a waypoint further in your route, the PLOG gives this with one touch to access it.

F‌or ETA at any other waypoint, yes, we could potentially do better here. The only trouble is if you're expecting SkyDemon to take your route into account, e.g. should we look around corners as we do in the PLOG? Or should we assume the ETA you're asking for is if you flew directly to that point? We'd have to take the wind into account at your current altitude of course.‌

Hi Tim,

that´s completely right but the thing I (or better ATC asks for) is an ETE to any particular waypoint independent to your planned route in SD.

In the picture you see the red X (our position while havin contact to ATC) and the green X (the waypoint ATC asked for) and you see our planned route (circumnavigating Ronchi CTR, with several waypoints) and our actually flown track through the CTR which was coordinated by ATC.
In my "wonderworld of wishes", when I will be asked at the "red X pos" by ATC "...how long do you need to proceed to Ronchi (airport)?" I would like to tap onto RON-airport to get the "what´s here"-screen and see the ETE instead or maybe together with the distance to that waypoint.

Italian ATC (maybe others too?) loves it to ask for that often on VFR-Flights.

Tnx for your time, Tim!
Renzo

Hi Renzo
I‌ apologise if I'm stating the obvious, but couldn't you use the ruler function? Assuming that you've already invoked What's Here and tapped on RON, on Android, all you have to do is tap on Measure from here then tap on the aircraft symbol and you will be provided with ETE, Distance and ‌Bearing To/From. It's even easier on iPad – just touch both points simultaneously!

Hi Mike,
also completely right that this solution works - but this way in my opinion is much more complicated and takes more time and the ruler shows much more info which makes it not easier to find the particular. ‌I think it is good to have the "What´s here" screen populated with either the distance or/and the ETE because there are very many moments you need this info quite quick.

‌Renzo

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I agree that the What's Here menu should show time as well as distance and bearing to/from. Done, for the next version.
Renzo
R
Tim Dawson - 4/30/2018 9:08:36 AM
I agree that the What's Here menu should show time as well as distance and bearing to/from. Done, for the next version.

Thank you very much for implementing this feature to SD! Love it!!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search